Thursday, July 1, 2010

Missing child

Yes, even social workers lose their children.

It's happened once before, about 1 year ago ...
I was washing dishes and... next thing I know Jackson is no where to be found. I called for him downstairs, then up... no answer. I went into the back yard, then the front. Each time calling out his name. I started to get frantic and ran back through the house, calling his name over and over. I called in a "nice voice", then made promises if he's come out. I finally called Mike at work and told him that I'd lost Jackson. I was out of places to look! I was crying and in-through-the-front-door walks Jackson! "Hi Mom!" with the innocence of one who didn't know he was lost. Turns out he was playing hide-n-seek with me... but failed to let me know. Turns out Jackson, even at 3 was a great hider... He was behind the AC unit on the side of the house.

Tonight...
He went into the neighbor's backyard and was playing on their swingset. Of course, he didn't answer because he knew he was going to be in trouble. So, he's in his room for the rest of the night. I explained to him that he has lost the freedom to play in our back yard since he abused my trust and left without asking or telling anyone. (Although I wanted to spank him!-- Ignore that last comment mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment